Hey there Members, new & returning rowers, sailors, paddlers, and moored members too!
Drop in on a Saturday for a tour around the boat house and take a look at what there is for you, how things work, and the best way to get started. If the Dragon boat is out, it may be a bit quiet, but there will be someone close by between 11 – 2. Come July, things will get busier and staff will be around most days to give a hand!
And, just in case you forgot all the great reasons you decided to join this year here are a few WIBC Membership benefits:
- Getting out on the water is fun & a great way to spend the afternoon with your friends and family, so bring a guest. Their visit is on us!
- Your membership fee includes all the equipment you need to get out on the water safely including the boats, life jackets, friendly staff who like to help, and a coach boat to…well, coach you!
- The canoes & kayaks are ready to go out whenever you are. Bring a friend – they are free!
- There are Learn to Sail and Learn to Row clinics that are fun & recreational and help build your confidence on the water with a new sport. And we have awesome coaches!
- Starting in July there is Adult Sailing on Monday afternoons, Family Race nights on Wednesday nights, Rowing on Tuesdays & Thursdays, and Dragon boating on Saturday mornings.
- And the BEST REASON is because it is a great place to be on the island!
The WIBC is grateful for your support, without which we would not be able to continue to offer the kids’ camps & programs to the community! Your membership fees support our costs that include insurance, maintenance, rent, staff wages, events, and all sorts of stuff.
This blog is a great way to keep up on what’s going on at the WIBC. Click the ‘follow’ button on the right and news will come directly in your inbox. Any inquiries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s have a great season!